[pacman-dev] New pacman testing RC

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:53:58 EST 2007

On 1/22/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> You removed the "empty list assertion" in alpm_list_getdata, which prevented
> the dereference of NULL pointers?
>
> void *alpm_list_getdata(const pmlist_t *entry)
> {
>         ASSERT(entry != NULL, return(NULL));
>         return(entry->data);
> }

Hmmm, looks like I did.  However, at the same time, I would never
expect "assert" to actually do something like return.  I'm going to
just add in a normal check, that macro seems a bit silly to me.

Regardless, _getdata shouldn't be called with a null list entry, so
the fact that the list node is null is probably the root of the
problem.