[pacman-dev] function tracing

K. Piche kevin.piche at cgi.com
Fri Jan 26 16:15:45 EST 2007

I developed the following patch to print a message on function entry to
trace program flow.  Best part is that it's a #define so it can be
undefined later to keep extra code out of the library/turned on with a
--debug flag/whatever.

The only odd thing I found was that the PM_* constants are in alpm.h
instead of log.h so some .c's have to include 2 .h files for logging:
one for the function _alpm_log (which should be public since pacman uses
it) and the other for the constants.  The constants should be moved to
the log.h file.