[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib (TODO.aaron)
aaron at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 31 01:54:28 EST 2007
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 @ 01:54:28
Modified: TODO.aaron (1.12 -> 1.13)
TODO changes 8)
TODO.aaron | 18 +-----------------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 17 deletions(-)
diff -u pacman-lib/TODO.aaron:1.12 pacman-lib/TODO.aaron:1.13
--- pacman-lib/TODO.aaron:1.12 Tue Jan 30 03:20:15 2007
+++ pacman-lib/TODO.aaron Wed Jan 31 01:54:28 2007
@@ -2,31 +2,15 @@
* Make sure all the alpm_list_t changes are valid (especially alpm_list_free)
-* The --debug flag should't need a silly mask.
-* PM_LOG_FLOW1 and PM_LOG_FLOW2 seem extraneous at this point. These should both
- be moved to PM_LOG_DEBUG messages, as it's going to end up being impossible to
- keep track of what is "flow1" and what is "flow2"
- There's quite a few single function headers which contain the pacman_*
functions. We should move these to a single header (pacman.h) to clean up
the source a bit.
- - config_t duplicates much of what can be accessed from the alpm_option_*
- interface. Determine what can / can't be removed and do so.
- - initialize alpm BEFORE parsing args, so we can get rid of a handful of
- local lists and things in pacman.c (see below)
- - fix the "--debug" parameter. requiring a bitmask from the user is silly.
- we can parse this can send a real bitmask to alpm.
- - Remove `root` param from alpm_initialize. We can simply initialize to /
- and call set_root at a later time. This allows us to initiliaze earlier.
- move logging (alpm_logaction) out of the library. log files should be
written by the app, not the library. Adding a PM_LOG_* constant that
frontends can recognize and send to a file is probably a good idea.
- - maybe it's my fault, but I see little difference between PM_LOG_FLOW1,
- PM_LOG_FLOW2, and PM_LOG_DEBUG. We might want to just do away with flow1
- and flow2 and use debug across the board.
- clear up list allocation/deallocation - some lists need to be free'd, some
do not and there is no clear indication WHEN this should happen.
- remove DB entries (directories) on a read error?
@@ -59,7 +43,7 @@
**** BUGS ****
* Removal of conflicts on -A and -U (INCOMPLETE)
-* ordering of installed packages based on dependencies
+* ordering of packages to be installed based on dependencies
i.e. pkga depends=(pkgb pkgc), pkgb depends=(pkgc)
pacman -S pkga pkgb pkgc
> a depends on b and c, move them: pkgb pkgc pkga
More information about the pacman-dev