[pacman-dev] Removal of bindings

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:34:49 EST 2007

On 1/31/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/31/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> > I don't know why language bindings generation is part of the pacman-lib CVS
> > repository. Any swig-supported (not only perl/python/java) language binding
> > can be generated from alpm.h and a swig interface file.
>
> That's bothered me for some time as well, but I didn't put too much
> thought into it.  Don't we need the alpm.i conversions, though?
> Should that be distributed some way?

It doesn't look like there is whole lot in that alpm.i file at the
moment, and I'm not sure what those pointer_cast functions are doing.

Why don't we make a base-level folder named extra, write up a README
file describing the things that are in it, and put things like alpm.i
in there? Then we can simplify the building process here once at a
time. I think this will also clean up Makefile.am and configure.ac a
good amount if we get rid of the bindings always being built.