[pacman-dev] asciidoc

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 09:39:39 EDT 2007

On 7/2/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> Dan McGee wrote:
>  > -Dan
>  >
>  > PS Did you see my asciidoc branch? It should be ready for any more
>  > manpages you have up your sleeve.
>

> I've rebased my asciidoc branch off of your's Dan and added the rest of
> the man pages. There's still some format tweaks required.

Looking good so far. A few things of note:
1. We should probably make doc/ generation 'optional' in the sense
that we ship with premade manpages but users can still regenerate them
on their own. This way they are not required to have the whole
asciidoc toolchain. (Note to self: move asciidoc into extra.)
2. Guessing you haven't ran a make yet- it fails on a few of our
manpages, those that do not contain a SYNOPSIS section. Any way to get
around this? Manpages in section 5 shouldn't require this (a quick
glance at a few don't have it).

At the very least we can keep this as a side branch for a while, and
worry about doing the merge later once we have everything looking
pretty. These will be much easier to maintain than the old ones
though, and we should be able to get some pretty-looking HTML as well.