[pacman-dev] difficult symlink "puzzle"

Andrew Fyfe andrew at neptune-one.net
Sat Jul 7 20:44:46 EDT 2007

Attached is a fix for this problem. I THINK it covers all the bases but
it needs testing to make sure there aren't any cases that I've missed.
See the patch header for full details.

For those that rather get it through git, checkout the FS7484 branch
(http://neptune-one.homeip.net/git?p=pacman;a=shortlog;h=FS7484).

When testing run pacman with the --debug option and look out for...
"%s (directory) won't be extracted over existing directory or symlink."
"%s (symlink) won't be extracted over existing directory."

Andrew