[pacman-dev] Summary of pacman development

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:17:26 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> Andrew Fyfe wrote:
> > Dan McGee wrote:
> >> * FS 7271- makepkg caching netfiles- should be a super quick fix for
> >> someone like Andrew (hint, hint) :) Just look at Roman's last comment
> > :D
> > http://neptune-one.homeip.net/git?p=pacman;a=commitdiff;h=1ecf75677e9cafa04e2cda1c3eaecb2f8b647315
> That should have been
> http://neptune-one.homeip.net/git?p=pacman;a=commitdiff;h=5f172a6f3bf354af32e1e8b79e2fd3dcb4bf120a

Only suggestion for this- instead of erroring out if it can't be
cached there, can we still fall back to the $startdir for storage? Or
better yet- error if $SRCDEST is invalid, but just fall back if
$SRCDEST is undefined. I haven't tested your patch enough to see what
happens in this case.

Other things related to some patches to pull:
1. I cherry-picked the CHOST patch, that is in my working branch now.
2. I had already done some of the changes from your pacman_deptest
stuff, see my working branch. It is all now there in two separate
commits.