[pacman-dev] How to run the install scripts

Siem Korteweg Siem.Korteweg at qnh.nl
Tue Jul 10 11:25:53 EDT 2007

Dan,

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: pacman-dev-bounces at archlinux.org namens Dan McGee
Verzonden: di 10-7-2007 16:35
Aan: Discussion list for pacman development
Onderwerp: Re: [pacman-dev] How to run the install scripts

On 7/10/07, Siem Korteweg <Siem.Korteweg at qnh.nl> wrote:
> [...]

There is no install file prototype there. For that, abs is your best bet.

pacman -S csup
sudo abs (or set up a .abs.conf in your user directory and run it as a user)

At this point you will have both a PKGBUILD.proto and an install.proto.

If you don't want to do the ABS thing (which you are missing the point
of Arch Linux if you don't), then you can find these prototypes here
as well:
http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=Current#dirlist

Thank you for the help. Now the script is executed when the package is
installed.

Siem Korteweg