[pacman-dev] [patch] resolvedeps cleanup + pactest

ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jul 10 15:15:12 EDT 2007

> Any reason the patch seems to have double line spacing?
>
> By the way, creating a patch with GIT is pretty simple and formats it
> quite nicely without having to struggle with diff options.
Sorry, I have no net at home, no git/any useable app here (this is a
windows machine). Probably this stupid webmail client inserted extra
lines, sorry, please delete them (I can compress them + resend, if
needed)

Back to pacman:
There is a problem with the old/new resolvedeps: this is not
deterministic (multiple provision) and sometimes one choice is better
than an other one: for example "choice A" induces a package conflict,
and choice B would solve the problem and would install the required
package (and its dependencies) but pacman is not clever enough to find
"choice B"...
Bye, ngaba