[pacman-dev] [patch] resolvedeps cleanup + pactest

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:36:10 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:56:05PM +0200, ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This patch fails with sync022, but that pactest is broken IMHO.

I already mentioned this recently again :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-July/008761.html

I guess this is more a feature request than a bug, the problem is you can
have unresolvable conflicts.
The idea was to use the "replaces" flag as a hint for resolving a conflict,
so in the case of 2 conflicting packages, pacman would choose by default the
one replacing the other.
But the replaces flag currently has a total different meaning (it's only used
in sysupgrade context, ie pacman -Su).

Anyway, this is just the behavior an user expected, we can consider it as
invalid, and remove that sync022 pactest, and maybe find another
better way to solve this problem.