[pacman-dev] asciidoc

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:24:52 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > get stuck doing the autoconf goodness as well (things like checking
> > for asciidoc, making the doc/ target optional, etc.).
>
> Just a quick note here, because I didn't chime in.  I'm a huge fan of
> asciidoc in general BUT once you start delving into it, it gets crazy.
>  Try installing asciidoc on a crippled system (dreamhost) and it might
> make your eyes bleed.
>
> Still, as long as we actually generate the docs in the release
> tarballs, it will be all good, heh.

I think I have it working pretty smoothly in the asciidoc branch in
either my or Andrew's repo. Test it out and break it if you can. If
you actually want to generate the docs, you have to explicitly give
the --enable-asciidoc flag to configure, otherwise you will just end
up with the manpages from the tarball. Of course, as a developer, you
need to use --enable-asciidoc to get those in the tarball in the first
place.

I just did a little check for my own sanity, and 'make dist' does
include them in the tarball, which is good to see.