[pacman-dev] Pacman doesn't handle properly the multiple satisfiers, localdb corruption

ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jul 17 15:34:28 EDT 2007

> I failed to see why we would require to put the same package more than once
> in requiredby.
> I think it works that way, but it isn't necessary, is it?
> At least I couldn't find a pactest for a case where this would be needed. Is
> there one?
Well, this is so rare as you said (AFAIK no real example yet) that you
can simply ignore it (I just put that comment there to remember us).
I've chosen this solution because this is not broken imho (the same
function does the requiredby add/remove) and this wouldn't worth the
O(number of requiredby entries) check for all inserting.
Anyway, in the late future (pacman4 ;-) we should optimize the
dependency storing...
Bye, ngaba