[pacman-dev] Maelstrom(Pacman in C#) project brief

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 09:38:18 EDT 2007

That's a fine point, Gabriel.
I just thought the same about my servers, by reading your message.

Especially virtual servers it would take enough space then.

Arch isn't a focused desktop distribution. Anyway, the team is working hard
to make pacman / alpm better (providing a better interface). In the current
state, they work towards to get by default compatible swig bindings (at
least the approach seems to be quite clear and clean, following the git),
what means you can also build your application upon the alpm binding for C#.

I also think that re-inventing the wheel isn't what should be done,
especially not in such a "small" project. Of course, desktop environments
and applications also often re-invent features.

What i really appreciate are the features your client seems to have. That's
a huge piece of work you've done, and basically what i'd like to see for
pacman. GTK/QT interfaces for the original ALPM, for every kind of desktop
user.

I've been working some time now on pyalpm to make a compatible client. I
just don't get along, since my work still eats me up, and the critsit won't
end, as it seems.

Yours,
Georg