[pacman-dev] sync_prepare clean-up III, TODO

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:00:40 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 09:20:59PM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> So, I think requiredby handling of syncpkgs is correct, this is needed for
> to-be-removed packages only and that field is correctly copied from
> pkgcache in sync.c, as I see.

That's not exactly what I meant.
I thought we could see pkg2 as required by pkg3, because the new pkg3 version
that is going to be installed requires pkg2, while local pkg3 doesn't.

That was just an idea, not necessarily a good one, and in any cases, the
solution you proposed is most probably much easier to implement.

> I think pm_syncpkgt is not efficient: a kernel-list-like structure would
> be much better, or new .sync member(s) to pm_pkg_t struct (Or in more
> general: graph-like structures are even better).

I'm not sure I see what's the performance problem with this type, but I'm
curious, so could you elaborate a bit ? :)
If you see a better way that would also clean up the code, it could be
interesting.
If it complicates the code a lot, for nearly 0 performance gain (what I did
with testdb ;)), then it's probably worthless.