[pacman-dev] Do we need a pacman-3.0.5 release?

Andrew Fyfe andrew at neptune-one.net
Fri Jun 1 13:59:03 EDT 2007

Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2007/6/1, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
>> On 6/1/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
>>> Do we need a 3.0.5 release with the following fixes?:
>>>
>>> FS7323: http://tinyurl.com/28wraj - libarchive not setting permissions
>>> FS7300: http://tinyurl.com/23uyp5 - add -mtune=generic to CFLAGS
>> #7300 is easy to fix by a patch and bump of the pkgrel, and I thought
>> #7323 was fixed somewhere else as well, in the package or something.
>> Aaron would know more though.
>>
>> I just don't want to clutter our releases too much. It also forces me
>> to update the website and NEWS, which could probably use some updates
>> anyway.
>>
>> Note to self- add GIT info to website.
>>

> 3.0.4 changelog is missing too.
> BTW, I think we may start filling in NEWS file in GIT tree (and modify
> it from time to time, including removal info about reverted changes in
> newer builds), so we won't have to dig through the all GIT changelog
> when 3.1 will be here.

We also need to make an announcement of some sort about to the PKGBUILD
format changes

- arch - I think everyone's knows about this now
- license - most know but there's still some confusion about custom
licenses and where to put them.
- options - FORCE, keepdocs and no* options are now depreciated
- $srcdir & $pkgdir variables added

Andrew