[pacman-dev] xdelta patches

Dale Ogilvie pnyli0002 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jun 3 06:54:17 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've made a few alterations to the recently comitted xdelta mods for makepkg &
wget-xdelta.sh.

Please check these out in my forum post:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=255563#p255563

In short, I fixed a couple of bugs, although oldversion detection is still not
bullet-proof due to difficulties parsing out the package name. The main
problem is that package names can include hyphens...

My best effort looks like this, the first 0-9 is meant to be the start of the
pkg version, and the last being the release number:

ls {"$cache_dir","$PKGDEST"}/${pkgname}-[0-9]*-[0-9]*${PKGEXT}

This will fail if there happens to be a sub-package of foo such as:

foo-1st-sub-1.0-1.i686.pkg.tar.gz

...or a package that happens to be:

foo-A0-1.i686.pkg.tar.gz

Regards

Dale

P.S. Sorry for not posting patches, hopefully you can obtain the necessary
from the forum.