[pacman-dev] cut down PKGBUILD for non-intrusive pacman-git installation

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:46:34 EDT 2007

This is a PKGBUILD I cooked today while playing with pacman and git.
What it builds:
* pacman.static-git
* makepkg-git which uses pacman.static-git
* nothing more
This is enought for pacman-git testing while keeping the official
release version.
Note that it builds everything that full version does - this is done
for build testing.
You need to replace cp -R with your own instruction(s) for getting git
source code.
In my case it builds my own working branch.

# Contributor: Roman Kyrylych <roman at archlinux.org>

pkgname=pacman-git
pkgver=`date +%Y%m%d`
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="git version of pacman.static and makepkg"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/"
license=('GPL')
makedepends=(doxygen libarchive libdownload)
depends=(fakeroot)
options=(!libtool)

build() {
  mkdir -p $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  cp -R /home/roman/scm-repos/git/pacman/* .
  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
  make || return 1
  install -D src/pacman/pacman.static $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/pacman.static-git
  install -D scripts/makepkg $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/makepkg-git
  sed -i "s/pacman /pacman.static-git /g" $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/makepkg-git
}

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)