[pacman-dev] File/Path locations

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:18:39 EDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> Default behaviour for 'pacman --root'
> pacman --root /foobar
>         Root Dir  : /foobar
>         DB Path   : /foobar/$localstatedir/lib/pacman
>         Cache Dir : /foobar/$localstatedir/cache/pacman/pkg
>
>         Lock File : /foobar/$localstatedir/run/pacman.lck
>         Cfg File  : /foobar/$sysconfigdir/pacman.conf

This is a reply to the whole email, but I wanted to highlight stuff
from above. This is no longer the case- I just eliminated this
behavior. Every path is independent of the others. ROOTDIR is
*completely* seperate now.

WRT the other stuff, everything is now configurable in either
makepkg.conf or pacman.conf (with my next round of changes) and
nothing is hardcoded anymore. The parameters you specify to configure
will only be used to hard code the location of pacman.conf, and fill
the defaults in pacman.conf.

I don't see much behavior cleaner than this, and I don't want to draw
another dep into pacman if we can help it.