[pacman-dev] How does pacman fetch the PKGINFO files for all packages during a --refresh operation

Bozhidar Batsov lordbad at e-card.bg
Tue Jun 5 06:26:43 EDT 2007

How does pacman fetch the PKGINFO files for all packages during a
--refresh operation? Is there a way to extract a single file from an
archive even over the network or are there all store in one single
location? I'm asking because I'm reimplementing pacman from scratch in
C# and I was uncertain how I can achieve the refresh the refresh
optimally and I'm a little short on time, so if you can spare me
browsing through the source tree I'd be most helpful.

Best Regards,
Bozhidar