[pacman-dev] [patch] alpm_splitdep overwrites input string

ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jun 19 09:30:33 EDT 2007

> As you said the first time you described the problem, resolvedeps
> should probably checks version too, when it tries to resolve the
> missing dependencies.
Yes, alpm_resolvedeps is still negligent, but sync.c is quite a black
box for me;-) It creates some pseudo transactions/stuffs, probably one
of them prevent pacman from fault ;-). I don't create a patch for
resolvedeps, because in my "dream" alpm_checkdeps can add missing
dependencies from sync repos if requested with much smaller overhead...
(And maybe it should be able to do topo sort too, because it computes
the dependency edges...)
You may say, that we shouldn't create such "super-function", but we
cannot store and reuse some crutial computation results now (because of
current data structures...)
Bye, ngaba