[pacman-dev] [alpm] PM_ERR_PKG_HOLD - what's this?

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:02:22 EDT 2007

The lockfile (path) basically should not be part of the client. There can be
multiple user agents accessing alpm for installing, even parallel, what
could cause troubles.

Therefore, locking alpm is a quite good thing (actually).
Anyway, i'm looking up code in pacman git, yes, but currently have the
latest "normal" alpm version installed.

I won't install always the latest git version of pacman/alpm on my system,
since this can really cause big troubles.

Anyway, i'm setting databases and similar, so i know the configuration is
moved out of alpm towards pacman. Also, i wouldn't see a problem providing
the lockfile location as a configure option, setting a default.

Anyway, the option is undocumentated. I've just been wondering, since the
package yaz probably has nothing to do with my configuration.
I got this error on adding any package, when a newer version was available
of qtcurve (which was in IgnorePkg) and i havn't had installed it yet.
Anyway, i didn't set the sync flag (y), just the option (S), so i don't
think it should matter.

Yours,
Georg (STiAT)