[pacman-dev] libarchive issue

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Jun 27 04:07:54 EDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007 20:38:24 schrieb Xavier:
> Upgrading to the last libarchive fixed some problems, but also caused
> a new one :
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7484
>
> I tried to look at it, since Dan was away, but miserably failed. I'm
> afraid this one is way too hard for me, I found all libarchive related
> stuff very confusing, and couldn't make any sense of it.
> All that is left is even more questions. Sorry about that :(
> Maybe I'll keep trying, if we can take the time to fix this, and if no
> one else can figure it out.
>
> The main questions I've (already in the bug comments) are :
> 1) why pacman got permission of /tmp wrong with old libarchive, while
> old bsdtar gets them right?
> 2) is the ARCHIVE_EXTRACT_NO_OVERWRITE option the only way in
> libarchive to avoid losing symlinks ? And does this option do what we
> want?
>
> I'm afraid both questions require some investigations for being answered.

Does anybody know if this might be fixed soon? This bug breaks a php
installation when installing any extension module.

php`s own modules are installed
into /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 where that last dir is
variable. So every additional extension is installed
into /usr/lib/php/extensions/php which is a symlink to the first one.

But if you install such an extension wit new pacman it overwrites the symlink
and creates a new dir "php". The result ist: php does not find its own
extensions anymore.

So I would like to know if this take some time to solve; I`ll have to find
some workaround then.

Pierre

--
archlinux.de