[pacman-dev] more efficient use of db_cache needed

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Thu Mar 1 07:12:49 EST 2007

> Na Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 01:55:34PM -0600, Aaron Griffin
> <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> pisal(a):
> > We already went over this before.  In the future, all package access
> > will be done with the accessor functions, loading the individual
> > files on demand.
>
> you may want to have a look at pacman-g2, there this is already done
>
> VMiklos

Hi!

Yes, but I hope, this is the first step only. Because in the current
state of the db backend this is totally useless, because you _must_
read the whole local repo with INFRQ_DEPENDS in almost all cases (in
usual cases), and the whole sync repos with many cases. That's why I
don't stop saying: .providers, .brokendeps, .groups are musthave. (Or
any of your solutions to stop this terrible practice.)

Nagy Gabor