[pacman-dev] The real deal - pacman 3.0.0 RC1

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:50:21 EST 2007

On 3/4/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> PLEASE read this first. This is no longer a side-by-side install, this
> will REPLACE pacman on your system. It is perfectly safe, but realize
> that you are upgrading, not simply installing another version. In
> addition, if you have pacman-rc installed currently, it is easiest to
> run a 'pacman -R pacman-rc' first to prevent weird things from
> happening. Here is the package:
> <http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman/pacman-3.0.0-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz>

I cannot remember if upgrade requires the old style package name like
sync did, but if the above link does not work directly for you, you
may need to download the package, mv it to a name without the "-i686"
part, and try again. Can someone let me know if this step needs to be
done? I don't have pacman2 around to test anymore.