[pacman-dev] No .install messages standard yet?

kfs1 at online.no kfs1 at online.no
Sun Mar 4 16:38:02 EST 2007

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:22:06 +0100, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino
<themolok.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you should define a standard for the .install message to avoid
> the actual anarchy and proliferation of very different styles.
> Just my 2c,

hmm i don't know about this since sometimes different messages requires
different wrappings..?
but also it would be nice to have a generic wrapping...

a way to solve this is to force use of a user-defined color when
informational messages appear
which would allow the author to use DRAMATIC text when !!! SOMETHING !!!
_VERY_ important
needs to be read but still have some kind of genericness to it :)

also an additional feature which would be practical to have is one which
shows the user the
last informational messages (for example pacman -i or pacman -i=10). but
maybe you think it's
featuritis because it's already in the log if you just bother to look/know
to look.