[pacman-dev] The real deal - pacman 3.0.0 RC1

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:25:09 EST 2007

On 3/5/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/5/07, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Am Montag, 5. März 2007 00:34:15 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > > This is the chost determined by configure, so I would guess it is
> > > right. However, I do not know much about how that works, so you may
> > > want to read up on it more if you think it is wrong.
> >
> > Well, other distros are using x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (e.g.:
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags#Athlon_64_.28AMD.29) So I think the
> > current chost is wrong.
>
> No one is questioning what is correct.  The problem is that the
> autotooled configure script is what generates this value.  Not us.  if
> you look at the configure.ac script, it does:
> CHOST="$host"
>
> The host variable comes from configure.

If you have the time, please look into AC_CANONICAL_HOST, which is the
standard for determining the host type. In addition, try downloading
the most recent config.guess at
<http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/config/config/config.guess>
and seeing what that produces for you. We may be using an outdated one
pulled from somewhere on the system.