[pacman-dev] The real deal - pacman 3.0.0 RC1

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:56:24 EST 2007

2007/3/7, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> On 3/4/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > We are really close to releasing pacman 3 to testing, but Aaron and I
> > wanted to get you guys to do some serious testing for a few days
> > before we do that. Both of us are now running pacman 3 exclusively, so
> > have no fears. :)
> >
> > PLEASE read this first. This is no longer a side-by-side install, this
> > will REPLACE pacman on your system. It is perfectly safe, but realize
> > that you are upgrading, not simply installing another version. In
> > addition, if you have pacman-rc installed currently, it is easiest to
> > run a 'pacman -R pacman-rc' first to prevent weird things from
> > happening. Here is the package:
> > <http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman/pacman-3.0.0-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz>
> >
> > And for those of you that want to build it on your own, I put the
> > PKGBUILD and install file up as well. I recommend a bootstrap build-
> > use your existing makepkg to build, upgrade, and then makepkg and
> > upgrade again. However, you should have no problems along the way, so
> > let us know of any. Here is that link:
> > <http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman/>
> >
> > Please report anything to us here on the list that you may find. We
> > may not respond instantly but we will take a look at any possible bugs
> > you guys point out.
> >
> > -Dan
>
> Anyone here have anything to say about pacman3? Maybe even a "great
> job guys, I've had no problems at all?" Even you list-lurkers out
> there, feel free to speak up. We'd really like to get all the input we
> can so we are not scared as hell when we push it to testing and
> current soon after.

Sorry, Dan.
I didn't test it since my departure and wasn't able to get back to
Arch things yet. :-(
I can only say I haven't seen significant issues with the latest build
I used, and all of them are fixed now (according to CVS).

GREAT WORK, guys!
Hope to see Pacman 3.0 final on Voodoo 0.8 final! ;-)

P.S.: What about that dependency bug in makepkg reported by Travis?

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)