[pacman-dev] patch] My speed improvement

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Thu Mar 8 18:32:51 EST 2007

Hi!

This is in very early stage, just a proof of concept. Just for
testing only (not merging to cvs). If you want to test it, after
compiling, run 'pacman --repair' <- this creates the extra infos for
the local db. Now .groups implemented only, so speedup will be seen
with -Qg or similar. Fully compatible with the old db; it checks
whether the speedup dotdir exists (if the answer is yes, it uses it).
There is no option in "my" pacman to create speedup dirs for sync repos
(because it should be downloaded in db.tar.gz), but if you want to play
with it for testing, rename the repo to local and run 'pacman --repair'
and rename back...

Bye, Nagy Gabor

My first test results: (after sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches;)

Old:

real	0m4.522s
user	0m0.029s
sys	0m0.060s