[pacman-dev] Handling modules

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:51:37 EST 2007

2007/3/9, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> Here pacman doesn't install ndiswrapper-beyond (we may modify pacman
> to check each installed package that depends on package with requires
> field, but I dunno it's worth to implement this because of solution
> below).
> But then we do -Su and get
> Targets: kernel26-ndiswrapper-beyond-1.34-2
> Here pacman checks all missed dependencies and finds that
> ndiswrapper's dependency ndiswrapper-beyond can now be installed.

Correction:
1st - ignore all text in (...) above;
2nd - only pacman -S ndiswrapper or -S ndiswrapper-beyond will get
ndiswrapper-beyond installed because IIRC -Su doens't install missed
dependencies.

This also correlates better with Jürgen Hötzel's notice about users
choice of different module sets for different kernels.
When user doesn't want pacman -S ndiswrapper to install
ndiswrapper-beyond he/sh should put ndiswrapper-beyond in IgnorePkg
(assuming FR #6430 will be implemented ;-) ).

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)