[pacman-dev] patch] My speed improvement

Jürgen Hötzel juergen at hoetzel.info
Sat Mar 10 04:09:34 EST 2007

Hi,

so this is a index for groupnames implemented by symlinks. How do you
ensure the index is up2date?

This is only performant because there are few groupnames. How do you
want to index pkg names? You will get more files. File-io is already the
performance limiting part of of the current backend.

Jürgen