[pacman-dev] The real deal - pacman 3.0.0 RC1

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 00:48:41 EDT 2007

On 3/11/07, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> The bug is in package.c/_alpm_pkg_update_requiredby:
>                         if(strcmp(dep->name, alpm_pkg_get_name(pkg)) == 0) {
>                                 _alpm_log(PM_LOG_DEBUG, _("adding '%s' in requiredby field for '%s'"),
>                                                                         cachepkg->name, pkg->name);
>                                 alpm_list_t *reqs = alpm_pkg_get_requiredby(pkg);
>                                 reqs = alpm_list_add(reqs, strdup(alpm_pkg_get_name(cachepkg)));
>                                 pkg->requiredby = reqs;
>                         }
> So we don't check if that packagename which we add is in reqs or not.
> An other (much smaller) bug I realized, that in this function we don't
> check before adding foo to REQUIREDBY of pkg that pkg really satisfies
> foo's dependency, just checks if foo's dependency name is pkg. However
> we can break dependencies by -d switch, so absolutely not guaranteed
> that pkg is needed by foo. I think REQUIREDBY means by definition that
> pkg satisfies one of foo's dependencies and we don't ensure about this.
> Bye, Nagy Gabor

Hopefully the easy part of this is now fixed in CVS. Of course, while
fixing it I found perhaps another big issue, and I haven't really
looked over what Nagy said above yet.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list