[pacman-dev] devtools and extrapkg

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:54:18 EDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:21:48 -0400
> "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 3/9/07, Travis Willard <travisw at wmpub.ca> wrote:

> > > Here you go - incorporating Dan's cleanup patch as well.  This is a
> > > diff from the version of extrapkg patched with the minimal patch I
> > > double-attached previously.
> > >
> > > In the (limited) tests I've done with this, it seems to do the job.
> > > I've kept backward support for lack of -{$arch} suffix in for now,
> > > but it's easily enough removed.
> > >
> > > I pulled msg(), warning(), and error() from makepkg for it too, for
> > > consistency - I thought of this 'cause Dan's patch used 'error' in
> > > one place (copy-pasta probably) and I thought to myself "Meh, why
> > > not".  If you'd rather the plain output I can put it back.  :P
> >
> > I threw this patch up at the same place my old one was with all
> > changes from the SVN copy (revision 223). Here it is:
> > <http://www.archlinux.org/~dan/extrapkg.patch>.
> >
> > Xentac, I believe this is your SVN repo? I CC'ed you in on this if you
> > want to check this in, correct me if I am wrong.
> >
> > -Dan
>
> Yeah, I have a copy of the patch.  I'm waiting for pacman to become
> official before applying it because the new -arch suffix isn't
> supported on gerolde yet (or most users' pacmans).

We should probably have a period where packages in the sync databases
are still named in the old fashion (and the pacman package should
probably always be named this way for the considerable future to not
break that upgrade). Pacman 3 can deal with either naming scheme. This
should not be a very hard change to make to the scripts on gerolde,
which I know nothing about. :)