[pacman-dev] -Sp and -Se broken?

James Rosten seinfeld90 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:18:52 EDT 2007

Okay, once again while conversing with stonecrest, we noticed (mostly
him noticing) that -Sp is broken and -Se is broken.

-Sp is supposed to print out the URI of the package and its
dependencies, we both ran -Se and it would only print out the package's
URI, not its dependencies.  Also, even though it wasn't updating the
package, if it was already installed it would ask if you were sure you
wanted to update the package:
#flac depends on glibc and libogg
 james->monkeybox : pacman -Sp flac
:: flac-1.1.2-3: local version is up to date. Upgrade anyway? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies... done.
ftp://archlinux.puzzle.ch/current/os/i686/flac-1.1.2-3.pkg.tar.gz

Shouldn't it also print out glibc's and libogg's URI and not ask if
you want to upgrade anyway because there is no upgrading going on in
the first place?

And for -Se, it should only install the dependencies of the package and
not the package itself.  For example, pacman -Se gimmix should only with
all its deps installed but libmpd should ONLY install libmpd and not
gimmix, here is the output:

resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... done.

Targets: libmpd-0.13.0-1  gimmix-0.4.1-1

Total Package Size:   0.14 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages from community...
checking package integrity... done.
cleaning up... done.

It installs gimmix anyway.

~ Jamie / yankees26