[pacman-dev] [bug?] pacman 3 doesn't check for free space in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:57:41 EDT 2007

Hi.

I looked at the Flyspray and it seems this hasn't been seen before:
pacman doesn't care if it has enough space to copy the downloaded file
from the temporary source, and sometimes it fails. POC follows (I
filled up my /var on purpose, then tried to install a package that
wasn't in my cache).

<code>
[root at damocles ~]# df /var/
/dev/sdb6              3092380   3092380         0 100% /var
[root at damocles ~]# pacman3 -S openvpn
resolving dependencies... done.
looking for inter-conflicts... done.

Targets: openvpn-2.0.9-1

Total Package Size:   0.22 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages from current...
 openvpn                  220.3K  183.0K/s 00:00:01 [---------------------] 100%
checking package integrity...
:: Archive openvpn-2.0.9-1.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted. Do you want to
delete it? [Y/n] y
error: failed to commit transaction (corrupted package)
archive openvpn-2.0.9-1.pkg.tar.gz was corrupted (bad MD5 or SHA1 checksum)

errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

[root at damocles ~]#
</code>

As you may notice, the package is actually downloaded, then marked as corrupted.

bardo