[pacman-dev] makepkg3 suggestions/thoughts
andrew at neptune-one.net
Sat Mar 24 08:38:51 EDT 2007
* Remove the '--usesudo | -S' option.
Instead always use sudo to calling pacman when an unprivileged user runs
makepkg and spit out a warning (or error) if sudo is missing. Is sudo
part of the base Arch Linux system?
* Move common functions to a seperate file.
plain, msg*, error, warning, in_array, check_*
This has been brought up a few times, the last time it was suggested
that the file should go in /usr/lib/archlinux/functions. (I think that
was it). I'll make a patch if that's where they're going to go.
Alternatively an autoconf option could be added to set the folder when
pacman is built.
* Move --cleancache into it's own script. (Or remove altogether)
It's alot of code for 'rm $SRCDEST/*'. Do people use it?
* Move BUILDSCRIPT="PKGBUILD" and PKGEXT="pkg.tar.gz" into makepkg.conf.
They're used in a few scripts.
* sha256 sha3.. sha512
WTFs wrong with md5 and sha1? Do we REALLY need these? If they must
remain I demand the inclusion of CRC :p
* Remove '--nocolor | -m' option.
If you don't like colour switch it off in makepkg.conf :p
Is it used?
More information about the pacman-dev