[pacman-dev] pacman 3.0 in testing

Gabriel C nix.or.die at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:53:46 EDT 2007

Giovanni Scafora wrote:
> 2007/3/28, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com>:
>
>> simo: Fsarcasm
>>

> ...or up2date="/dev/brain"

If any up2date="$(cat this_list >>/dev/_your_brain)"

You should read some things first.

vmiklos has an reason for this so far I see.

ArchLinux devels ( aaron first ) didn't started the work on pacman3 with
the *broken* not maintained anymore
pacman-lib CVS but after he merged the 'Frugalware' tree of pacman3.

Of course after that ArchLinux devels changed or removed things but all
this new things like progressbar , gettext support and much more
are from 'Frugalware' initially , whatever later on things got changed
to work better or work with ArchLinux and I just can't see
everything about this in pacman3 'release changelog'. Do you ?

No wonder about vmiklos's 'Fsarcasm'.

PS: This is not *meant* as flames Arch vs Frugalware or the like.

Regards,

Gabriel