[pacman-dev] [patch] Spell check for PKGBUILDs :p (aka check-buildscript)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:44:15 EDT 2007

On 3/29/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> I was looking at the commented out code in makepkg to unset all vars in
> PKGBUILD before including and I think I've cracked it. So I went to test
> it on arch's main, extra and unstable repo, and there's several
> PKGBUILDs with miss spelled vars.
>
> As a result I've created check-buildscript, this just runs some
> sanity/spell checks on a PKGBUILD script. People should run it before
> submitting a PKGBUILD.
>
> Andrew

Wow, you went patch crazy! I have a lot of other things to do today so
I probably won't be pushing some of this through quite yet, but
hopefully it will get looked at soon. I'd also like to get Giovanni's
gettext patch through first- we are going to have some conflicting
merges with two big changes to makepkg, and I feel like it is easier
to push his first.

More on topic- This patch may duplicate some of the functionality of
the namcap utility that has been written before- you may want to read
up on it. It is in the Arch extra repository, or you can get the
source directly- <http://projects.xennet.org/namcap>. I don't know how
big you are on python, but that is what namcap is written in. If there
is any functionality in this script that isn't covered by namcap, that
would be the place to put it. It needs an update anyway, it hasn't
changed in a while.