[pacman-dev] pacman PKGBUILD needs depends=(python)

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Sat Mar 31 02:55:02 EDT 2007

> On a side note, what do you guys think about "optdepends"?
I like the idea, the name is not so important. However, it doesn't help
too much without a description (because optdepend=python isn't very
informative: I'd like to know what are the extra features).
And optdepends should be store in db or not? Because if not,
optdepend can be easily removed after -Qe; or the optdepend can be
broken after -S. And probably there are more complicated cases, where
user's interaction needed to decide whether keep optdepend or not.
Again, I like the idea, but it's not so easy to implement.

Bye, Nagy Gabor