[pacman-dev] warning: current locale is invalid...

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:51:32 EDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> src/pacman/pacman.c line 448
>
> Any chance this error can be sent to stderr rather than stdout, it's
> screwing up scripts that read in pacman output.
>
> And more to the point is it just me or does this error always come up if
> LC_ALL|LANG!=C|POSIX

I've actually dumped this error message in a local gettext branch I'm
working on. But you are right, it does make more sense in stderr.

Are you playing with this on Arch? If so, locale-gen may be your
friend. Edit /etc/locale.gen, uncomment the ones you want, and then
run locale-gen to generate them. That should prevent the errors you
are seeing.