[pacman-dev] rejected?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:24:09 EDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A few words would be nice ;-):
> -rejected, but working on the bugs
> -rejected, ignoring bugs
> -reviewing patches

Hi Nagy,

Without trying to sound rude, here is why I haven't taken a closer
look, although you definitely seem to make valid points:
1. Email titles like "IV/B (apply this on IV/A) blah..." are a
turn-off. We all shouldn't have to follow 10 steps for what could be
one single patch. The patches would be easier to review if they were a
1-step apply.
2. This is likely due to the language barrier, but I have a hard time
understanding your explanations at times. I will go back and look at
your emails soon and email you back for clarification on points I
didn't understand. You may want to seperate some of your long
descriptions into seperate paragraphs as well.
3. A lot of your emails were "this is a problem that needs to be
fixed". We have a bugtracker for those type of reports, things that
come to my email inbox without patches tend to get lost quickly.

We do appreciate your help and investigation into the code, but
realize that it doesn't help anyone if we spend time trying to figure
out the problem you are addressing if you already have- we just need a
better explanation.

I've been pretty busy with school lately too so tinkering on my own
time has been limited to my own things. Once June comes around I
anticipate having quite a bit more time to work on stuff.

Thanks!