[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib/scripts (makepkg)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:28:29 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> Dan McGee wrote:
> >     Date: Monday, April 16, 2007 @ 23:56:52
> >   Author: dan
> >
> > Modified: makepkg (1.69 -> 1.70)
> >
> > makepkg: unset one more language variable
> >

> <snip>
> >       # some applications (eg, blackbox) will not build with some languages
> > -     unset LC_ALL LANG
> > +     unset LC_ALL LC_MESSAGES LANG
> >       umask 0022
>
> I don't like this fix/hack, why was LC_MESSAGES added, other than
> blackbox what breaks when LC* is set? These should really be unset in
> the PKGBUILDs effected and the problem reported upstream.

Is blackbox the only violator? We don't even support it anymore, and I
tend to agree with you that this is a nasty hack- software should be
able to build with any language.

Other opinions? I'm all for removing this whole languages unsetting
thing; it can be done in the offending PKGBUILDs if necesssary.