[pacman-dev] makepkg misses to export variables

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Wed May 16 03:04:22 EDT 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007 00:45:24 -0400
"Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patches welcome, although I'm not completely sure that all of these
> need to be exported. (look around line 888 of makepkg). CARCH and
> CHOST are truly necessary? However, someone wiith more building
> experience than I should comment on this.
>
> -Dan

CARCH and CHOST are necessary. Small example from the kernel PKGBUILD:
if [ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
  cat ../config.x86_64 >./.config
 else
  # get rid of the 'i' in i686
  carch=`echo $CARCH | sed 's|i||'`
  cat ../config | sed "s|#CARCH#|$carch|g" >./.config
fi

without CARCH there is going this things wrong....

I will look if I can apply a patch, if I will find a little bit of
freetime...

Daniel