[pacman-dev] .la files are back?

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed May 16 06:30:49 EDT 2007

On 5/16/07, Essien Ita Essien <me at essienitaessien.com> wrote:
> Just updated to pacman 3 and looking thru makepkg.conf, I see that the
> *default* in the OPTIONS() array is to leave libtool .la files in the
> package.

That's because some packages need them to work properly. Most of the
packages don't even produce .la files anymore, so if you're
maintaining one of the few that do produce unnecessary files you
should specify !libtool by yourself in your PKGBUILD. Setting it in
makepkg.conf is dangerous, because you could get non-working packages
without even knowing.

bardo