[pacman-dev] NoUpgrade defaults

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed May 16 06:34:09 EDT 2007

2007/5/16, Essien Ita Essien <me at essienitaessien.com>:
> Hiya again,
>
> In previous pacman.conf, there were some default NoUpgrade lines for
> stuff like etc/passwd, etc/shadow, etc
>
> In new pacman.conf, there is only HoldPkg for pacman and glibc, any
> particular reason for this?
>
> Pardon me if i've missed something in a previous thread.

All these files are listed in backup=(...) array in their packages.
Pacman handles those updates well since 2.9.8. That way is better than
NoUpgrade because it does not create .pacnew files when they are not
needed.
NoUpgrade is intended for use for files like /etc/rc.sysinit or
/etc/issue e.g. any file that was modified by user but is not in
backup array of its package.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)