[pacman-dev] documenting the base-devel split

R. Dale Thomas rdt at knoppmyth.net
Thu Nov 8 18:27:06 EST 2007

Dan McGee wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007 4:42 PM, R. Dale Thomas <rdt at knoppmyth.net> wrote:
>> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>>> On Nov 8, 2007 1:10 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>         [snip]
>>> Good catch, this is why we pay you the big bucks.
>>>
>>         Well, shouldn't the man page for makepkg be Arch Specific?
>
> Care to explain your logic? I know *for a fact* that we aren't the
> only people using makepkg.
>
> -Dan

	Ok, Dan, I'll try.  Makepkg is from a package produced by
Arch and its developers.  The man page _should_ accurately depict the
usage of that program as it pertains to Arch.  Makepkg is not a generic
package and its man page would not be included in generic man-pages
on other distro's but should be included (when man-pages are included)
for Arch.  Perhaps that is not 'technically' Arch specific, but it
seemed to me to be so.