[pacman-dev] TotalDownload option.

Scott Horowitz stonecrest at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:55:50 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 7:56 PM, Nathan Jones <nathanj at insightbb.com> wrote:
> Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
> :: Retrieving packages from core...
>  gcc-libs-4.2.2-2-i686   1081.1K  503.8K/s 00:00:02 [#--------------------]   8%
>  gcc-4.2.2-3-i686          10.0M  302.1K/s 00:00:34 [################-----]  77%
> :: Retrieving packages from extra...
>  gcc-fortran-4.2.2-1-...   12.9M  338.0K/s 00:00:39 [#####################] 100%

How about having the way the progress hashes were previously done
retained and only change the percent numbers? This way you get the
best of both worlds - progress for the current package as well as
total progress. Otherwise, like gcc-libs above, there is going to be
very little visual feedback while smaller packages are downloaded.
That's what I think I would like best anyway... otherwise it feels too
incomplete to see all of these "------" for packages.

My two American cents, which are rapidly becoming worthless.

Scott