[pacman-dev] Problems with alpm_list_remove(_node)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:55:08 EST 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 08:54:52PM +0100, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> Some more issues:
> 1. You simply forgot about resetting the tail pointer when you remove
> the last element with alpm_list_remove.

Yep, that's what explains the requiredby problem I noticed :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-November/009919.html
Good catch :)

> 2. As I see, alpm_list_remove_node is used nowhere in the code, and
> dangerous (when you remove the first or last node, "interesting" things
> can happen); so that should be removed.

Oh right, I first thought the requiredby problem was caused by the issues you
mentioned in remove_node (I thought remove used remove_node), but indeed,
this function isn't used anywhere.