[pacman-dev] lstat issue / fileconflict001 pactest

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Nov 10 13:14:11 EST 2007

Hi!

To be honest, I don't like the rollback solution; the pre-transaction
checking is much more elegant (for me).
As I mentioned earlier my preferred fix to fileconflict001.py is:
converting the filelists with the help of realpath(); so we get the
"after-install" state of our filesystem.
Note: realpath() is quite an "intelligent" function:
realpath("/usr/var/blabla", ...) will result /var/blabla [blabla
doesn't exist of course].
Some contras:
1. speed?! (needs testing; but during targets<->HDD check, all entries
of filelist is alpm_lstat-ed, so this hopefully won't cause terrible
slowdown neither, but I dunno.)
2. fileconflict002.py ?! (a possible solution: create temporarily
the newly installed symlinks <- can we get this info from libarchive?
then using realpath -- I'm suggesting a "1. create new symlinks
first" (if possible), _then_ "2. extract tar.gz-s" ugly hack here)

Bye, ngaba

PS: One more thing: What about fileconflict resolution? (using
query-fileowner)