[pacman-dev] -Si is laconic

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Nov 12 07:14:48 EST 2007

Hi!
When I made the previously posted speed tests, I noticed that -Si hides lots of
info. Is there any special reason for this (we are not proud of our packagers
for example;-) or we just forgot to update dump_pkg_sync in pacman/package.c?
I think that dump_pkg_sync should be merged to dump_pkg_full (with a new
is_local input parameter for example) to keep -Qi and -Si in sync. And this is a
good time (just before the 3.1 release) to review -Qi too.
I would do this, but I'm not sure that you would like an "ngaba-English" special
edition of pacman :-)
Bye