[pacman-dev] sync.c

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Nov 14 07:41:36 EST 2007

> > -_imho_ sync.c is not elegant at all
> I don't believe we have ever disagreed with you here, so no need to
> fan the flames on this. Aaron and I didn't write this code, we've
> inherited it. At the same time, it works, and a monster patch that I
> can't digest isn't the solution to fixing it unless there is a great
> deal of discussion on how the new code works.
Well, if you referred here to my pending alpm_sync_prepare patch: if you can't
digest something, you can ask me (on this ML or in private), I will gladly
answer to you (if I can ;-). [If you don't ask anything, I cannot figure out
what your problem is.]
Sometimes monster patches are needed:
-if you change a data structure
-back to sync.c: alpm_sync_prepare was so chaotic to me, that I have rewritten
from ~scratch <- this was easier to me than computing the results of my changes
in that sync_prepare monster ;-)

Bye